Solved! Go to solution

Can I move a cut from the flat pattern into the ordered section?

Hi!

I've made a cut in the flat pattern and am trying to move it into the ordered view of path finder. The cutout shows in the flat pattern but will not show in the ordered view. It seems that I cannot simply drag the cut operation from the flat pattern into the ordered section of path finder, no matter where I place it. Is it possible to do this and what may I be doing wrong?

Thanks for any advice

ummm, Hi
4 REPLIES

You cannot move features from Synchronous to Ordered. Tha...

You cannot move features from Synchronous to Ordered. That said, what are you trying to do? Why are you trying to move it and maybe we can help you get where you want to go?

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nic
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Wait, let me try again. I misunderstood. When you make cu...

Wait, let me try again. I misunderstood. When you make cuts in the flat pattern, that is only intended for "manufacturing only" cuts that are not supposed to be in the folded part. If you want it in the folded part, but need to cut it in the flat (like a cut that crosses a bend) you should be using the unbend/rebend workflow, not put it in the flat, which is intended as the end of the line. 

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Re: Wait, let me try again. I misunderstood. When you make cu...

Ahh, that may solve my problem. Yes, I am trying to make a cut along a bend. I'll let you know if this fixes my problem, Thanks!
ummm, Hi

Re: Wait, let me try again. I misunderstood. When you make cu...

Unbending to make the cut and re-bending worked great! Thank you, I hadn't thought of that. I get what you're saying about the making edits to the flat. Using the flat pattern was my first instinct but I realize the difference now.
ummm, Hi