Can JT files be used to publish to web sites for hosting/viewing solid edge assemblies

Builder
Builder

Edgers we have need to post solid edge models to external web site due to strict sercurity requirments and I was woundering if any one has attempted this before.

I'm aware of web publisher but we really only wanted to display main areas of our plant which we can do using jt format of what we want them to see.

So my immediate thought was how to publish JT files to be compatible in common web browsers and even if its possible using JT or perhaps another possible web format like vrml?   I know I can save to both formats from SE but do you need a browser plug- in for it to work?

Just curious of how others have tried this and the best light weight web format to utilize and publish?

Cheers

Phil 

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC
5 REPLIES

Re: Can JT files be used to publish to web sites for hosting/viewing solid edge assemblies

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @mspadmin

Recommend you use (scheduled) scripts to automatically publish JT models to a dropbox folder. As you know dropbox is an awesome solution to securely and efficiently share data with others. You can include the JT2Go software as part of the JT model share. Thereby your vendor, client, site, etc. have a single source for the JT viewer installation software and very lightweight monolithic 3D model. Stick to JT2Go, it is an awesome lightweight viewing format, and use the latest 11.2.2 feature rich version. I cannot think of anything better, simpler and more compact than this. Maybe someone else will have an alternative suggestions to consider.

Re: Can JT files be used to publish to web sites for hosting/viewing solid edge assemblies

Builder
Builder

Yer Pieter

Agreed dropbox and JT2Go was my 1st choice but they wanted to take extra security measures that prevents those accessing the documents from copying/downloading or even recording screen which is a bit extreme.  So an external hosting of the data was suggested were the 3D content is viewed only and not downloaded in anyway.  

I think dropbox can provide this type of security?

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

Have you ever seen Web publisher module? It makes a web browser ready dataset from your assy... One of our customer has built an own webpage with their product by used WP.

One of my friend recorded this video:

I suggest taking a look!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Builder
Builder

Thx Imics

Does look useful but looking to host JT files but not sure if these files are web formatted or need special add in to web browsers for viewing them on line??

cheers

Phil

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

I think you will find the solution here!

Stefan

smitsch@unitec.de
www.all4edge.de