Can a user "Pack" components in the path finder?

I am working with a large assembly that consists of several large weldments. Inside the weldments I utilize the same components (stiffeners) quite frequently. In one assembly I really only have 3 different part files but they are used in over 10 different occurances/instances (quantity of ~30 entries on the path finder). The path finder displays each occurance/instance of the part.

Does SE have the ability to "pack" and "unpack" a component occurance/instance? Is this the purpose of groups?

As I start to build out my assembly I will be populating the mount flanges with all the attaching hardware (Bult+Washer+flange thickness+ Washer + Nut). There are over 90 bolted connections from one welment to another. This will create a huge assembly tree. Having the ability "pack" instances would be a nice feature.

3 REPLIES

Re: Can a user "Pack" components in the path finder?

Groups is the only way to do this.
Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10

Ryan

Any chance you can place connections (Bolt, washer, nuts etc..) in their respective sub-assembly?

Thank you Ken. That is disappointing. Maybe we should talk about defining an enhancement request for this function??

I'm going to post a follow up question and another standalone question.