Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't able to edit bend radius in Synchronous mode for some cases(showing check design intent

Pioneer
Pioneer

Please go through the image for further detail of my question

ch.jpg

12 REPLIES

Re: Can't able to edit bend radius in Synchronous mode for some cases(showing check design intent

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

A sheetmetal expert can perhaps understand immediately what's happening just by looking at the image.

Is it possible to attach the sheetmetal part to troubleshoot the problem ?

Re: Can't able to edit bend radius in Synchronous mode for some cases(showing check design intent

Pioneer
Pioneer

I need to change the bend radius but I can't, software not allowed to change the bend radius but I can change the bend radius by recreating the flange alone

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

If you click on the Bend Options on the Command Bar, what do your settings look like.

EditBendRadius.png

Betreff: Can't able to edit bend radius in Synchronous mode for some cases(showing check design inte

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @lokesha

as already mentioned by @Tushar You should upload the part to better see what happens, what is the Design INtend saying etc.

Without the real PSM it is hard to give serious answers.

regards
Wolfgang

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks, Thusar & Hawcad for continuous replying....

I tried this override Global value it won't work so, I am uploading the part to find the solution

So, Please find the attached part model (Need to edit the bend radius in the model from 0.024 to 0.038")

Regards, 

Lokesha

Hi @lokesha

first of all I would recomment and ask to use the username syntax together with the "@" sign, since this notifications inform the mentioned used about a direct concern, which makes it easier to answer as soon as possible.

OK, but the next irritates me, the bend radius in YOur example file already is 0.38"

20180328_1029.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @hawcad

Ya, on top is 0.038" and the below one is 0.024", please recheck(find my first image for bend location)

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @Tushar

Please have a look at this

Hi @lokesha

sorry for not looking exactly.

And Yes this part seems to be destroyed somehow.

What I have done, was, to copy one chained face set from Your original, deleted the body and saved this surface as parasolid.

Just opend that parasolid again as new PSM, did a Thicken Body with 0.038" and convert it to sheet metal.

This now seems to be OK again and You can change anything You like (hope so)

The reason for that defect PSM body?

Don't ask me, but You should send it to GTAC for further analysis.

Hope it helps!

regards
Wolfgang