Can't create Alternate Family Members in my assembly...

[ Edited ]

Well, not much to say.

Hope you'll understand by the capture the error I'm getting while trying to create an Alternate Family Member in my assembly. At the creation of my assembly, I had inserted a copy of Assembly. But at 2nd thought, I removed it.

Now I would like to create an Alternative Family Members in my assembly, but I have no way to do it anymore because SE seems to think there is still a copy of Assembly within my assembly.

I even tried to save my assembly to a different name and thought it would resolve my problem, but did not worked out.

I'm using SE ST6 SP9 installed

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I will have to create a new assembly and start from the beginning...

Mario

5 REPLIES

Re: Can't create Alternate Family Members in my assembly...

Well, just realized problem isn't related with "Copy of Assembly", but with Symmetry of components I did within my assembly!!! I removed the Symmetries and the problem disappear... I could create Alternative Assembly... Well I really don't understand why the Symmetries gives me this problem. Anyone knows how to resolve the problem? thanks

I have had the exact same problem. No way to resolve. Mirror appears to be a big problem with downstream operations.

I gave up on the family of part a few months ago as they can't be used when planes are used to control parts. I assume it's the same root problem as the mirror.

The Idea is great, the implentation is useless.

I reported this problem some time ago. ER Number 1893500

SE ST9 + TC 10.1.7

Hi,

Unfortunately this is a limitation in assy. If assy contains interpart links It will be broken when you creating Family of Assembly... Smiley Sad

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

lol. I just spent an hour bashing my head against the wall wondering why I couldn't make an alternate assembly.  Then I spent on hour making a new assembly from scratch after immediately making an alternate assembly when the file was created so it couldn't magically disappear later.  Then I got to the point where I tried to mirror a part and it said I couldn't and some searching leads me to this thread.

Thanks solid edge, can I have the two plus hours of my life back?

So many bogus bugs and things being unavaible with no explanations in this program that you start to wonder if you're the crazy one.