Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't edit features in a synchronous part

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

I can still flatten the part once I've moved a hole with the copy and deleted the old one. I'm working with ST9 MP1

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Are you able to flatten it in the flatten environment?   I can't, and it sound like Bruce Shands may not be able to either.

Also, what happens during the move copy that makes the part capable of editing?

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi,

There is an "invalid bend relief piece" on this part. If remove it, you will be able to edit this sm part.

Here is a short video:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I often come across similar parts with similar issues. I have found that the most common issue is that one or more faces are not a constant thickness. The simplest and quickes remedy is to rebuild the part from the outside set of faces. This only takes seconds and removes all the hidden nasties. Smiley Happy

I note that the original poster stated that the file was a parasolid - implying that the geometry was good. In my experience not all parasolid files are created equal.

The attached movie with voice over should explain.

(view in My Videos)

Cheers

Mark

Betreff: Can't edit features in a synchronous part

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

now something happend what I neither can't understand nor explain.

I just opend (after twice new downloads) the original PSM file from Kyle, and - surprise - there is no problem creating the flat pattern in sync

See video:

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Can't edit features in a synchronous part

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

I really appreciate the continued efforts to figure out what's going on with this part.

Mark - great idea using a surface to recreate the part.  I just tried it on another copy of the panel and it fixed the issues.

Wolfgang - I'll take a look at my copy of the part to see if I can replicate what you found.

This panel has had an interesting existence.  It originally started out as a Cadkey 3D wireframe part for another one of our machines over 22 years ago - before I started at the company.   Cadkey came out with a release that had solids capability and this wireframe was converted to an ACIS solid model.  I pulled it into Solid Edge a while back and copied it to use in a newer machine.  It apparently has some demons in it that make it difficult to work with - bend reliefs, thicknesses etc.  I could start from scratch and model the part correctly, but it's a good exercise  (even with its frustrations) to see what can be done to fix it.  It's really exciting to see how different users can use different tools in Solid Edge to make the part work.

Kyle 

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1