Can't mirror a weld?

I just spent a day getting welds into a model, or at least half of it expecting to be able to mirror. Now I find I can't mirror a weld, this was not an expected problem.

Is there any work around? like converting welds to parts or some other method to actually mirror about 30 welds at once?

5 REPLIES

Betreff: Can't mirror a weld?

Hi @12GAGE

You just have to change the selection for mirroring from feature to body!

See pic:

20161011_1759.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Can't mirror a weld?

Here is another picture showing the result:

20161011_1800.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Can't mirror a weld?

That helped. What made it confusing is that half my welds are real welds, the other half are parts.

Both use the mirror command, but one needs the version under home, the other needs the version under features/body.

Not a very good work flow. Both commands are under feature/mirror in different menues but work differently

Hi,

one is seen as extra part model and treated as a normal part and the other is an internal feature body and treated as feature.

I think man should decide for one method and use that one for all situations as the standard procedere.

Either using the internal assembly feature weld or the external part weld, where I personally prefer the external variant.

regards
Wolfgang

[ Edited ]

That would be a better choice, but I was using the weld command for the first time and did not expect this extra issues of not being able to mirror everything at once and how limited the weld creation is. About half the welds were easier using the weld command, the other half were too complex for the weld command. There was one I gave up on, was not worth the time to make and will use a note.

Also I could not just model the welds that are seen on the finished product. The drawings are step by step instructions, so I needed the welds at every state.