Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open .dft in SE ST10 2D draftin

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everybody,

i was about to make a draft in Solid Edge 2D ST10 and saved the final version properly on the PC. The next day i wanted to edit a few details in this drafting but i wasn't able to open it. After starting the program and opening the file I immediatley got a program-crash! After a few tries I remembered a problem that I got at the beginning of the year: Everytime I save a file in the "2d-model" view this problem appears. Back then the community says that i have to reinstall the program but that didn't help. I even tried to install ST10 2D on my private PC today in order to open the file, change the view into one of the sheets and open it again on my work-PC. Unfortunatly without any succes.... I would really appreciate your help in this Problem because I need this file....

Thank you!!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Can't open .dft in SE ST10 2D draftin

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

What about other .dft files beside that one? Do they work ok?

Could you attach the draft file here? Probably need to zip it first and attach the .zip file.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@PaFre this is known issue that is fixed in an ST10 maintenance pack.  IIRC it is MP3 or later but do not hold me to that MP number.  Please register and download for the Free 2D again and the latest download should also contain the MP that has this fix.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hello and thanks for the answer! It's a general problem and I avoid the problem as I always saved my work in another view than the "2d-model". I just forgot it in this case and now I got the mess :-/ may i send you the file via Mail or PM? I don't want to upload it in public to be honest... Even it's not "top secret" ;-)

Experimenter
Experimenter
@uk_dave: i just downloaded and installed the latest version a few hours ago on my private PC. Doesn't work as well... the version on my Business PC is also the newest one.

Siemens Phenom

@PaFre when you download the Free 2D there are two installs that must be run -- the base software followed by a separate maintenance pack install.  Please provide a copy of your "About Solid Edge" screen to confirm the version installed. 

Siemens Phenom

P.S.  You can e-mail me the file directly for further review at david.c.merritt@siemens.com

Thank you and regards,

-Dave 

David C. Merritt

Manager, Solid Edge

GTAC EMEA - Product Support

Siemens Phenom

@PaFre P.S.  If you do send me this file please do not use Zip; use 7-zip and the .7Z compression.  Zip files will be removed by the postmaster daddy Siemens :-)

Siemens Phenom

All, just to close the loop on this, as suspected, @PaFre was running the base version of Solid Edge.  Installing MP3 or later will resolve this issue  I have provided Pascal directions on how to obtain the maintenance pack.

Experimenter
Experimenter

@uk_dave: I installed the uptdate you uploaded for me and it worked very fine! Thank you very much for your help!