Can't open file. not correct version?????????????

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Morning all

I have this file i open yesterday with out a problem. now i can not open it. please helpCapture.JPG say's i can't, please help

10 REPLIES

Re: Can't open file. not correct version?????????????

PLM World Member Legend

by the way it's now two files. i also just updated to 9 the other day.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think you need to contact your VAR or GTAC.  Not sure anyone here can help as it sounds like a corrupt file or a bug.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

PLM World Member Legend

Yea, i'll call in monday

Legend
Legend

Normally you would see this message when you are trying to open files that were created with a newer version of Solid Edge.. Since you are using ST6 could it be that you have received files from someone thats using ST7 (beta) ?

PLM World Member Legend

nop, these files were created by me myself and i. reminds me, do need to call these in

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Any chance that anyone has accessed the affected files with Solid Edge Student Edition?....as this would kill the files off from being used by any commecial version, and give that very message.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Genius
Genius
I have the same problem. Strangely the problem occurred on several workstations after installing MP8. The problem observed for at least 30 files, looking for some dependencies, and it happened to me this implies that the opening of a single file by multiple users, but I do not know because it's hard for me to replicate this error. Equally Yesterday I had a similar case.
SE ST9 + TC 10.1.7

Builder
Builder

Ok same here.  This is not student versions or or earlier version of SE......

We use ST9 MP7 and have started to see this error turn up with 2 assembly files.  They become corrupt and we have to retrevive from the backup's.  We do not know what is causing this but we are a multi user environment running Windows 7 and windows 10 64bit OS's.

I will be investigating further will local support and have already sent the coorupt assembly for them to reproduce.

This is a very serious problem and I hope we can resolve it ASAP.  Encourage every user to submit this to GTAC to help them address this.  The more who get the problem the better escalation we as users will receive from Siemens

Phil

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC

Experimenter
Experimenter

This issue still occurs with ST9 with software pack 9. Has anyone come up with solutions? GTAC states "we have no solution to this issue"