Can't select axis of rev in Revolved Cut

Creator
Creator

Hi All, 

ST8: Ordered

I am having trouble creating a revolved cut. As you can see in the attached photo, i have drawn the profile that i need to revolve, and i have drawn a construction line down the middle of the cylinder that i would like to use as my axis of rev.

For some reason is does not let me select that contruction line when it asks me to select axis of rev. 

Please can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Thanks,

Callum 

Callum Fisher
Manufacture & Design Engineer
Bristol, UK
5 REPLIES

Re: Can't select axis of rev in Revolved Cut

Genius
Genius

You need to specify that you line is an axis for revolution inside the sketch....Capture.PNG

Genius
Genius

Nevermind, you have a sketch than you did "select sketch"...I just tried it in ST4 and it works if the line is construction or normal. Make sure you're selecting the profile then "Right Click" then pick the axis and that the axis symbol is highlighted...

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

You have to create your sketch "and" the revolve axis at the same time and on the same plane.

If you create your revolve profile on sketch 1 and you create the revolve axis on the sketch 2 you will not be able to select this axis during the revolve cut ...

Yasser

Phenom
Phenom

If the construction line was created in sync, cannot be picked as axis in ordered.

This was the only way I was able to reproduce the problem.

Difficult to tell from just one view and without the PathFinder display,

If you can upload this part, the same can be confirmed.

EDIT: Also agree with and can verify what Yasser stated Smiley Happy

~Tushar

Creator
Creator
Thanks all for your help, YD hit the nail on the head. My problem was that i created in the revolve sketch in a different sketch to my axis of rev.

Thanks all

Callum
Callum Fisher
Manufacture & Design Engineer
Bristol, UK