Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can we use the “initials” for callout used in TITLE BLOCK for DRN BY sign./initials. Refer below ima

Pioneer
Pioneer

Can we use the “initials” for callout used in TITLE BLOCK for DRN BY sign./initials. in ST10

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Can we use the “initials” for callout used in TITLE BLOCK for DRN BY sign./initials. Refer below

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Not sure what you're asking.  If you're using file properties from a part file to populate your title block, you're kind of limited to what you can do.  If you take some time and create custom properties in your template part file with the properties manager, you can then populate your title blocks with special callouts of anything you want.

Matt

Re: Can we use the “initials” for callout used in TITLE BLOCK for DRN BY sign./initials. Refer below

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MattS

no, I believe that what @Somnath_Pore is asking for is a very old issue.

You can define certain user informations from within options dialog.

One of them is the user initials.

20180608_1609.png

The sad story is, that all those over 20 years using SE, where this info field was available, I never ever have seen any way/method to get it out with on board functions.

So again this is a very good idea, over 20 years old, but nobody has gone this way to a lucky end.

regards
Wolfgang

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@hawcad master ER# 1714708...

Hi @uk_dave

thanks for sharing that info!

Let's hang on!

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Can we use the "initials" for callout used in TITLE BLOCK for DRN BY sign./initials. Refer below

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hello,

Can you please explain with any example?

So I can try at my side.

Feel free to call on us, if in doubt.

Regards,

Somnath Pore

Regd. Off.:-A9/6, suncity, sinhagad road,

Pune, Maharashtra, India- 411051

Ph.:-(+91) 7588330580, 8766813626

Works:- Srv. No.:- 26/9,

Near Deccan Honda Service center.

Narhe,

Pune, Maharashtra, India- 411041

Re: Can we use the "initials" for callout used in TITLE BLOCK for DRN BY sign./initials. R

Hi @Somnath_Pore

What exactly to You mean where an example should be provided?

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Can we use the "initials" for callout used in TITLE BLOCK for DRN BY sign./initials. R

Genius
Genius
You can create a custom property called DRNby in the Draft File Properties, set the value of the property to your user's initials, then access the custom property with a callout accessing %{DRNby}

We had to go this route when there was an issue a lot of versions ago when a revised file overwrote the Author property from the original creator to the person making the revision. We swapped out using the Author property for a custom Drafter property and never went back.
Dale Smith
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc.
SE 2019 MP6 - Insight

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank You Sir.!!

Pioneer
Pioneer

Sorry..

I have replied to wrong... it was related to other query.

Somnath