Can you hide the empty text box indicator by configuration or by code?

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

If you create a text box, but do not enter text in it, an empty text box indicator is displayed on the sheet. This makes it possible to locate and delete text boxes without content.

in special case (such as legacy application which uses empty text boxes as place holders) one might want to hide this indicator , can it be done by configuration or by code without changing the text box value?

12 REPLIES

When in a drawing, go to Solid Edge Options. At the botto...

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

When in a drawing, go to Solid Edge Options. At the bottom of the General Tab is a control for this --> Show Empty Text Boxes. This is a global setting I believe on how you want to handle these.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Re: When in a drawing, go to Solid Edge Options. At the botto...

Solution Partner Creator
Hi Dan,
First of all , thanks for the fast reply ,
However I couldn’t find “Show Empty Text Boxes” option at the General Tab while in Drawing at the Solid Edge Options
I search for this option in ST6 and ST5 with no success in what version did you find this option?
Arnon

Maybe you just need to scroll down on the dialog. Its at...

Community Manager

Maybe you just need to scroll down on the dialog. Its at the bottom of the Options dialog, general tab when in Draft. Stretch the dialog or scroll down to see it.

Dan Staples

Re: Maybe you just need to scroll down on the dialog. Its at...

Solution Partner Creator
Hi Dan,
I have added the General Options as a file to the original question as you can see
there is no “Show Empty Text Boxes” option with in those options
it would be great if you could post a screen shot with those options so mabey i could find
what i am doing wrong
Arnon

You're right -- its not on your screen cap, but is on min...

Community Manager

You're right -- its not on your screen cap, but is on mine. What version are you using? I think this may have been new in ST6? Here it is -- right between enable... and prop text...

ScreenHunter_136 Nov. 05 12.58.jpg

Dan Staples

Re: You're right -- its not on your screen cap, but is on min...

Solution Partner Creator
i have added the about screen shot also , this is basicly ST6 for 64bit no MPs installed

Well cr*p. This is one of the hazards of being on the bak...

Community Manager

Well cr*p. This is one of the hazards of being on the baker side of developing software -- hard to keep track of what went in where. Apparently this ability to suppress empty boxes is NEW IN ST7 (which I have personally been running since August). So I don't have a handy ST6 solution for you.

Sorry for the confusion. But I think you have managed to squeeze out of me the first new feature announcement of ST7! Smiley Happy This is surely a record!

Dan Staples

Re: Well cr*p. This is one of the hazards of being on the bak...

PLM World Member Master PLM World Member Master
PLM World Member Master
well, at least you have authorization to do that. Smiley Wink
John J Bazaar
Mgr Development & Technology
ACI Services Inc

Re: Well cr*p. This is one of the hazards of being on the bak...

Solution Partner Creator

Dan , thank you very much for keep exploring the problem and not giving up on me on something clearly would seem crazy (specially when you look at the feature and can't understand why I can't see something that should be right in front of me Smiley Happy ) at least now I know what I'm up against and will try and find solution with the customer to the problem.
So thanks a lot and hope to see ST7 coming soon Smiley Happy