Cant install ST5 because "Setup has detected that a version of Solid Edge is already installed"

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,
I've been using Solid Edge V19 (student edition) at school for roughly 3 years and have decided to upgrade to the student edition ST5. I uninstalled my old copy of Solid Edge V19 through the control panel and when attempting to install ST5 I am prompted with the following message

"Setup has detected that a version of Solid Edge is already installed. The existing product must be uninstalled for setup to continue"

I had a bit of look on the internet and it seems to get a complete uninstall of the old solid edge it requires me to use a utility that comes on the original solid edge disc. The problem is that I have no access to that disc and I've tried using programs such as ccleaner to delete the obselete keys from solid edge.

Are there any registry keys that I can manually delete or any other alternatives to uninstalling the old solid edge files which are hidden (without the use of the program on the disc) ? Or is there any where that I am able to download that solid edge cleaner?

Much thanks,

2 REPLIES

Manually delete the following registry locations if they...

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Manually delete the following registry locations if they exist:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge

Re: Manually delete the following registry locations if they...

Experimenter
Experimenter
Yeap, this worked flawlessly.
Thank you for the extremely fast response Dave! You saved me heaps of worry Smiley Happy