Catchbook in Windows Store

Phenom
Phenom

I recieved my email with a link to Catchbook (beta) in the Microsoft Windows Store! Yeah...It's a bit late but I'll take and see what I can do!

7 REPLIES

Re: Catchbook in Windows Store

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

I've been playing with it, but haven't come up with a project yet to really be able to test the software.

Phenom
Phenom

what have you been able to do? I can only draw and have no settings options. 😒

Phenom
Phenom

when all else fails...watch videos! Now I can get off free sketching and get shape recognition working. Moving shapes and centering circles on arcs! Yeah.

My daughter (15) watched me take a picture and start tracing. She said that's totally cool, dad. At 15 thats a great compliment!

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

I definitely needed the Surface Pen for it to work well enough to call functional.

Even then, I spent as much time learning how close I have to be for it to recognize shapes than I think it had to in order to learn about my poor sketching abilities.  I made a lot of rhomboids before I got my first square.  And there is almost alway (90% of the time) an open corner.

I didn't get into the picture taking part yet.  Cool idea though.  And a great way to practice sketching.  Now I wish I had the SP4 instead of the SP3 so I had a bit more friction between the pen and the screen.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Ryan, Scott,

If you didn't know, Catchbook has its own Community site:  http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Catchbook-Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/Catchbook_Knowledge_Ba...

I'm not discouraging from discussing on the SE site though.  I would love to see more on how the two can work together.  Just thought I would pass the link on if you didn't see it.

I also just downloaded yesterday and would be interested in feedback on what you guys learn.

Kevin Grayson
Solid Edge Technical Consultant
kevin.grayson@siemens.com

Phenom
Phenom

Yes, I found the link. But it wasn't an active link. You have to copy and paste it to a browser window to get there!

I know a couple guys here have the SP and mainly for CAD. That's why I posted here. I didn't read the license agreement that well. Are we limited in our conversation about the beta to the community area only? If so, I'll follow the rules and start posting there.

Phenom
Phenom
I'm pretty sure the SP4 pen will work on the SP3. You get different nibs. I believe the nibs will provide the friction you are looking for- not the sensitivity levels but friction.

Working with picture was a bit challenging. That is getting the correct procedure down so that the image isn't the "working" layer. My first request is going to be layer management. Just a simple hide/show and active layer function that provides a simple table to toggle the functions.