Solved! Go to solution

Center of gravity symbol

Hello,

Where can I find the cg symbol?  I need to add it to a drawing.  I will be placing the symbol manually i.e. not derived from the assembly model.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1
8 REPLIES

Re: Center of gravity symbol

Hello,

I just drew one and created a block but I'm wondering if one exists in symbols etc.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

If you can't find one....I'd just screenshot the cg icon on an assembly, trim it, paste it in the drawing and create a block from it. 

-Dylan Gondyke
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author kjoiner
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Hi Dylan,

I drew a circle with cross hairs and then filled the opposing "pie sections" and made it into a block.  I needed to control the location in the drawing view with dimensions so drawing the geometry was necessary.

I could have sworn I remember a symbol hiding out somewhere in SE but I may be wrong.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

Kyle,

You know you can expose the model COG as a point in the drawing view and then attach your symbol to the point so that it is controlled by the model rather than dimensions in the drawing.

Of course if the model is not complete then this won't work.

Bob Henry

Bob Henry
Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC

There isn't one. We have been using a block for years to show CG. I've put in a ER last year to let a user defined symbol be placed at the point of CG. It hasn't happened yet.

Coming in ST7. Works sweet. Jamie, you can see it in a few weeks when you come to beta.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Dan's spilling the beans again...  Can't wait to see all the new stuff in ST7.  Hurry up BETA!!!

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10

That is great news! Woman Very Happy I can't wait to see it at Beta. I'm very excited to hear this "little" thing made it into ST7. It is really quite a small thing, but over and over all day it can be a huge annoyance to the users.