Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center of mass coordinates of parts in an assembly

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, 

I would like to know the center of mass coordinates of some group of parts in an assembly. I was hoping to do this with display configurations. After searching several topics i came to the conclusion that this is not possible.

Then my second option is to create an excel file with the center of mass coordinates of all the parts in the assembly (with reference to the assembly origin). What would be the right approach to do this ?

Sander

3 REPLIES

Re: Center of mass coordinates of parts in an assembly

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Sander,

If you select the parts before you start the Physical Properties command, the properties displayed will be for just those selected parts. This will also work with suabassemblies.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Experimenter
Experimenter

Greg, 

This is a more then acceptable solution for me !! thanks.

however it would be nice if siemens can find a solution to have the CoM based on the display configurations.

Sander

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Sander,

While it's a workaround, you can technically do that today, although it does require one extra step. First, you would apply the desired display configuration. Then, run the 'Select Visible Parts' command:

selectvisible.png

This will clear the select set and select only those parts that are visible in the display configuration you applied. Now, run the Physical Properties like the previous post and you have the properties for your display configuration...

Greg