Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Centerline dash spacing changes when zooming in

Creator
Creator

Also on a side note, I just went back and tried "Display as Printed" and it did not fix the main issue I was having. It did prevent the line from being broken up more as I zoomed in, but it did not make the line actually look like a centerline, it was still looked like my first picture (basically 1 big line through my part), which is inadquite in expressing a centerline. 

Changing the line type in the properties of the centerline itself seems to be the best option, at least from what I can find.

Thanks,

Steve

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Steve,

This is exactly the sort of feedback we as users need and Solid Edge development wants...

I highly encurage you to work with your VAR or call GTAC and submit and Enhancement Request!!!

Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional
Solid Edge 2019 (SEEC) - Production
NX12 (Tc Integration)
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

The display as printed is great when you are getting started to have an idea what the results are going to look like and get a feel for the drating layouts. But once you get your speed up, it's slower to do the work with thick lines on the screen when you are zoomed in. At some point you will switch the display back to not use "display as printed"

Phenom
Phenom

There are other settings in the Print > Options dialog that you should look at -

Scale Line Widths and Scale Line Types.

In your case I would suggest that the Scale Line Types should be checked.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
SE2019 MP5 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

Creator
Creator
Thank you for the tip but that doesn't seem to have had any impact. Also the main thing I needed was to make sure the PDF looked right when I converted to that format, so a print option probably wouldn't help very much unless for some strange reason print settings effected the actual drawing. Ultimately it seems like the best fix is just changing the line type in the properties of the centerline. It has worked for me so far. It still doesn't make things ideal, but it makes them acceptable, which is good enough for me haha.

Thanks All
Steve

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain, copy, forward, or disseminate this communication. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, attorney/client privileged, attorney work product, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by phone or by return e-mail, and destroy all copies of this message, electronic, paper, or otherwise.

Gears Phenom

I believe that yes print settings do come into play when you are saving as a pdf. Have you tried just saving out as pdf ande seeing what the results look like? I do know that when I've changed centerline settings, the results were never what I expected once I printed. Looked how I wanted on my screen, but didn't look how it was supposed to once printed.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Creator
Creator
Yes, I did convert to PDF and nothing I have done, with the exception of changing line type under properties, has had any impact on what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks,
Steve

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain, copy, forward, or disseminate this communication. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, attorney/client privileged, attorney work product, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by phone or by return e-mail, and destroy all copies of this message, electronic, paper, or otherwise.

Gears Phenom

When you convert to pdf, do you use save as or do you use PDF print?

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Creator
Creator
Save as PDF

Stephen Tecce
Manufacturing Engineer | Allen Medical Systems

Office: +1 978-266-4451 Mobile: +1 508-769-4678
stephen.tecce@hill-rom.com | allenmedical.com
100 Discovery Way, Acton, MA 01720

[Description: Description: Hill-Rom]
CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain, copy, forward, or disseminate this communication.
This communication may contain information that is proprietary, attorney/client privileged, attorney work product, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by phone or by return e-mail, and destroy all copies of this message, electronic, paper, or otherwise.