Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Centre Line symbol

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I've had a look through the symbols box in the Text command (on Draft for ST10), but I couldn't see the centreline symbol (℄). I have found that by copying it from AutoCAD LT I can paste it into SolidEdge (and into this forum too), but that is rather a long-winded way of doing it. 

So, I was wondering if there was a simpler method of getting it? (I understand the ASCII code is U+2104, but I don't know how to convert that into a symbol)

Alternatively, is possible to add it to the list of symbols?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Centre Line symbol

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @SJB72,

That symbol is located here.....

Capture[4].PNG

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2020 [MP0] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks! 

I think I might need another trip to the optitions, as I had originally completely missed the "Insert Symbol" and opted instead for the "Insert Character" option instead.

Welcome.....also, once you remember it, you only need to do the "%CL" short code to use it.

Sean Cresswell

Pioneer
Pioneer

While you're still here and being extremely helpful Smiley Wink I do now have an additional question.

I have added the symbol to indicate where the centreline is by positioning it just above the drawing, but I have found that the text is not associated with the view. In other words, if I move the view about, the symbol remains in the same place.

I don't really want to use a text with leaderline to make sure it is attached to the view, so how do I go about associating free text and symbols with a view?

@SJB72,

Yeah, there is a little trick to it.......all you need to do is use a leader to connect it to the view [or dimension, or callout, etc] then place the centerline, then select it again to un-show the leader option on the ribbon bar. It should now be connected, while you can still reposition it.

Sean Cresswell

Pioneer
Pioneer

Fiddly, but I got there in the end. Cheers!

*sigh* Why can't someone come up with a CAD package that takes all the best features from each of the major existing packages and lose all the bits that take too long to do? /rant