Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centre Planes in Assemblies for Mirrors

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello all,

What is the best available method in Solid Edge to mirror Component A at the mid-point of Component B and C?

Normally i'd use the Centre Plane assembly command, but I want to mirror so have to select a plane. There is no component plane I can use so need to make one.

However from the available "More Planes" commands I don't see which option enables me to create a plane inbetween the inner faces of Component B and Component C.

Any clues? I assume I can use formulas but hoping there's a more inherently simple command i'm unaware of.

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Betreff: Centre Planes in Assemblies for Mirrors

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @User_Error

so I would suggest to create a line either as sketch or 3D sketch and put a plane onto the middle point of that line

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Centre Planes in Assemblies for Mirrors

Legend
Legend

Hi,

I would add a plane parallel to the component B and use the offset dimension of Dimension between component B & C, Divided by 2 (since you should know the distance) so that the new plane is between components B and C.

Re: Centre Planes in Assemblies for Mirrors

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The sketch approach is good. Don't forget the measurement variable method. Measure between two planes, save the value as a variable. The dialog to do so is available in the measurement ribbon. Use that variable divided by 2 in the formula for the plane offset. Thereafter, as with a sketch, the values will auto-adjust if you move one or both of the components.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200