Solved! Go to solution

Chamfer Conundrum

I am working on a foot for a trestle table, I want to add a chamfer along the two top edges, but I also want the chamfer to end about mid-way along the top of the foot where the leg will attach.

Being fairly new to SE I not sure how to create the end the chamfer so that it represents the way it will look when the chamfer is created using a router, the end of the chamfer should be a small tapering radius ending in a point.

I have attached .pdf of the foot to show where I am stuck, you can see the the chamfer terminates in a squared-off fashion.

Thanks in advance for any help.

4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rubberneck
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Chamfer Conundrum

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I think the easiest way would be to allow the chamfer to run the entire edge, then make a protrusion to replace local the area for the leg landing...use a vaiable radius fillet to get your router blend.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

The method Sean used is no doubt the easiest.

Another approach would be to use a derived curved and a triangular cross-section sketch used to create a swept cutout. This may not need adding material after the cutout but extra steps will be required to create the derived curve. The fillet at end is of regular type.

Thanks Sean I will this a try.

Thanks Tushar. I am going play around with your suggestion.