Change Origination Date of a draft

Does anyone know if there is script that can change the Origination Date of a SE draft file.  I will copy part and draft with revision manager to another folder and make slight changes and then I need the drat file to have the current date in the title block (which is being auto filled with the %{Origination Date}) not the original date of the copied draft.  Right now I will copy everything in the draft and then create a new draft and paste everthing into it and then save it.  This works fine but I would like a faster way.

Mark Miller, Engineer, Arnold Machine Inc.
ST7
20 REPLIES

Re: Change Origination Date of a draft

Not clear what you want. The date from the original draft or the date when copied. Origination date should be the date when you copied it.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

I occasionally have this problem as well so I would also be very interested in a solution. The problem is that when you copy a draft as he suggested it retains the original date from when the original drawing was created, not the new date when the new drawing was created (ie. the copy date).

Having never found a solution to this I usually go in and overwrite the origination date property with the actual date I made the copy.

Bob Henry

Manager of Engineering - Highwall Miners
Caterpillar Global Mining LLC
Houston, PA

[ Edited ]

I copied a draft, and the date changed. I looked at the script in the origination date, try this

%{Created}

The downside to going in and modifying the date, is that you have to always look at your new drafts to see if the date is correct. Keep it simple!

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

I want the date from when coppied.  The Origination date is the date when it was first created.

ST7

Using the script I shared will give the date when created/copied.
ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

I tried your suggestion and it does work, but I will have to change the every draft first to the %{Created} before I copy it.  This will take about the same amount of time.  I can change my draft template for future drawings.  I was haping for a script that I can run after the drawings are coppied.

ST7

[ Edited ]

My appologies, I didn't catch that you were wanting a script/macro to go out and change existing drafts. If you've been manually putting dates in, you will want to get ahold of a script/macro for sure!

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

When I copy an old draft the origination date changes to the date when copied.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Are you sure the date is being auto filled using the %{Origination Date}?

ST7