Change construction line color?

Is there a way to change the color of construction lines?  Sometimes it's hard to distingish them from regular sketch lines, and making them a different color would resolve that.  Thanks!

10 REPLIES

Re: Change construction line color?

You have to turn off "Relationship Colors". It's on the ribbon: Inspect/Evaluate.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

mm great idea.... this has been requested before but never implemented.... I hate doing sketch sometimes. once you close it, it changes to the default color. And not going to turn "Relationship Colors". on and off on and off on and off.....

You can assign relationship colors to a keyboard pick. For instance, I just assigned it to ALT-R, and it toggles very quickly.

Bruce Shand

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestions.  Enabling "relationship colors" only changes the color if the sketch is fully constrained.  That helps, but it would be better to have the construction lines a totally different color from both the unconstrained (blue) and constrained (black) sketch lines.  Other CAD products do this (magenta seems to be poplular color for construction lines), and it would be REALLY nice to see this in SE also.  It's a little thing, but often it's the little things that make the biggest difference (especially if used alot).  Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to implement either.

[ Edited ]

I don't know if this helps but you can change sketch line colors/fonts/thickness when relationship colors is off. They will change to black or whatever your fully constrained color is when relationship colors is on but they will maintain the color you chose when it's off. They maintain the line font/thickness you choose either way.

I agree that it would be nice if SE had options for sketch entity type color/font assignments but for now this is a workaround.

Bruce Shand

Basically they need to stay the color you want after close and return. Sometimes i'll want a outer sketch boundary in my assembly. Then another inside that boundary a different color. I'll not be building a part from it, it's just reference. At the same time i need "Relationship color" on. sounds like you can toggle it back and forth. BUt would be better we had a user define option. sounds simple to me..Smiley Happy

They do stay after close. One problem with selected colors being on when relationship color is on is that relationship colors will lose its meaning as an easy way to see if the sketch is fully constrained.
Bruce Shand

There's way's around it. for example -You assign a fully defined color. This color can't be used again in sketch. they could maybe hatch it or line width. there's way's around it

[ Edited ]

SOLD! (except that you said you want rel color always on)

I will say that I've used SE for years and this has never been much of an issue for me.

Bruce Shand