Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change origin axes names in hole table, to clearly show multiple hole tables on one drawing sheet

Creator
Creator

Hi everyone,

I have a part that has a lot of holes on two sides.  I want to use two hole tables to show their positions.  Both origins of both hole tables are default listed as X1 and Y1, and this could lead to some unnecessary confusion.

I'd prefer to label one as Z, or at least make them say X1,Y1, and X2,Y2.  Anyone know how to do this?

See the pic below.

Thanks,

-Greg

(edit: using ST8)

knockout solid edge hole table.png

6 REPLIES

Re: Change origin axes names in hole table, to clearly show multiple hole tables on one drawing shee

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Greg,

there is a Workaround to define X2, Y2 index for second hole table.

Please see attached video.

Ota

(view in My Videos)

Re: Change origin axes names in hole table, to clearly show multiple hole tables on one drawing shee

Creator
Creator
Thanks a bunch Ota. What a strange work around.
It's too bad the software isn't flexible enough to just name them what ever you'd like.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
You are welcome.
I found this WA accidentally :-)

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter
Hi Ota,

You can simply rename the origin label to 2 from 'Hole Number' page of properties dialog for second hole table. This will relabel hole table origin as well hole number. You don't need to place another origin and remove previous origin.

Milind.
Thanks,
Milind

Creator
Creator

Milind,

I must be missing something I don't see anything in any of the hole table properties menu to rename the orgin label:

hole table properties menu.png-Greg

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Greg:

If you are using SE ST 9 or older the Hole Number section is available on the Command Bar button as shown in this video tip:

http://www.surfandcode.in/2017/11/solid-edge-video-quick-tip-060.html

@Milind

This is not a solution but still a workaround.

What if I want to name the Hole as G. series like G.1, G.2, G.3 ... in the table and the hole callouts.

The coordinate axis will appear as GX and GY which is not desirable.