Change section hatching

[ Edited ]

When I go into the display properties of a section view, the option to change the hatch pattern is grayed out.

What switches do I need to use to allow me to change the hatch pattern for cross sections of steel. I want to use a solid fill rather than the standard hatch pattern because I have many sheets at 45 deg to the world that the 45 deg hatching does not work well.

7 REPLIES

Re: Change section hatching

The section property is controlled by the part material. So to change the hatch pattern you need to edit the part's material properties.

Cheers

Mark

I was hoping to edit the hatch for just this single drawing, not every time I use my most common material.

Hi Scott,

Alternatively....if this is a one off, rather than editing the models material definition.....what I do is use "Draw in View" and edit the displayed hatch properties there. [color, direction, spacing, etc....]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Good work around. I should be able to just turn off the section hatching and then use old drafting methods.

The drawing view Properties > Display tab gives you some control over hatching.

You can turn all on/off, change style, set spacing and angle for all parts, multiple parts, or you can dig down to a single part and apply to that one only

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

That's what I'm trying to do. I could not figure out what switches needed to be touched in order to edit the hatching style......for anything. Unless I go edit the material.

When you open that window, by default the hatching style is set to the material and grayed out.

I'm hoping for a draft file specific solution. Perhaps there is not one.

When you go into the properties of that view, you can go to the Display tab, and there should be a checkbox to uncheck that tells it to use material.  Once you uncheck it, right above it, the grayed out hatch style box will become available to choose as you want.

Owner: Scott Lester Drafting & Design
Designer: Rotork Instuments