Change viewcube definitions to suit model view

When setting / changing the view on an assembly in Solid Edge ST9 using the "view manager" and "save current view as" commands the view shown on the viewcube does not match the named view. The defined views should match the viewcube definitions i.e. left, front etc. so that if view is changed via the viewcube it matches defined views

Please advise, thank you

4 REPLIES

Re: Change viewcube definitions to suit model view

Are you seeing this on new files or existing files? It could be that the views in the newer templates were updated to match those of the view cube. I am not seeing the problem when trying with a new file.

Greg

Hi Greg, thanks for the reply, I am not quite sure what you mean by new files or existing files, I am finding that the viewcube views do not change when I change in view manager in the current assembly, I didn't realise the views were controlled by a template, could you please explain ?

I'm just saying the saved view definition is stored in the file, so newer template files that are used to create a new document may have had their view orientations updated to something different than older files.

Greg

Thanks Greg, do you please know how change the template files so they match ? Thanks