Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Solid Edge Page Appearance

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

On the page main page of a SE document. Where on Windows 7 can I change the size and appearance of the menu bar, left top pathfinder basicilly the whole page. Easier to see.

http://screencast.com/t/gl1CsRMCEi

Thanks

Greg

10 REPLIES

Re: Changing Solid Edge Page Appearance

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

In Solid Edge, you can go to Options and on the Helpers page, check the option to "Increase buttons on the Command Ribbon by 2X".  This will increase the entire UI by 2X.

Otherwise you can right click on your Windows Desktop, select Change Display Resolution and from their you have two options... You can "Make text and other items easier to see" or you can increase your screen resolution.  I would try the option to make text and other items easier to see, but not sure what in SE is actually increased.

Changing monitor resolution is sometimes problematic because you have to find a multiple of your native resolution to prevent interpolating of the pixels and actually make it more difficult to see, but it is proably the most sure fire way to enlarge everything.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP5
Testing: SE 2019

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor
I'm not for sure if the adjustment on this line is out of 90° by 20° or
maybe because in windows I made other adj. The line in the image is broken
is definitely out.

http://screencast.com/t/nYUUkGcMiCDP

Thanks
Greg

Phenom
Phenom

It is possible the line does not show square because your view is not square. You can tell this by looking at the quick view cube in the bottom right. You aren't looking square to the FRONT face.

-Dylan Gondyke

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

As Dylan points out...appears you have "Perspective" display enabled.....ther is a toggle button to switch this on/off on the View tab, in the Style group.

I have this added to my [QAT] Quick Access Toolbar.  [in typical windows style, right click to add this]

ST7_View_Perspective.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Phenom
Phenom

Actually, this can occur regardless of whether perspective view is enabled or not. When you zoom WAY in, there is a point where the quick view cube starts to zoom as well and changes perspective. See the screenshot below, and notice the length of the line for a reference on how far in you have to zoom to show this behavior.

Capture.PNG

-Dylan Gondyke

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Not seeing this issue.....I get to zoom in, untill even the quick view text zooms beyond the cube face, but still appears to be perpendicular.

What method are you using to zoom in?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Phenom
Phenom

If you're not square when you zoom in, it'll change the cube to perspective view. If you're square, then the cube stays square and 'zooms through' the text on the cube. Rotate it off at an angle and you'll be able to see this

-Dylan Gondyke

Guys,

not sure if this is coming in to play or not..  but dont forget that Shift+ Ctrl+mouse wheel scroll will enable perspective...

so if you think you are only zooming by rolling mouse wheel but happen to have the Shift+ctrl key press you may be enabeling perspective???

Not sure if this is the case but just wanted to toss out the reminder...

Phenom
Phenom

Here is a video to alleviate confusion.

I don't know if this is a bug or just goes beyond the reasonable zoom levels they decided it should work with, but the quickview cube at extreme zoom levels will take on perspective view, whether or not perspective view has been enabled. In the video below, perspective view is OFF, and when I zoom in when not square to a base plane, there is a window in the zoom levels where the cube will go to a perspective view and expand.

*Edited to swap the video for one that shows the entire SE app!

-Dylan Gondyke