Changing "pan" settings

Is there any way to change the Middle Mouse Button function in SE (ST9) from Rotate to Pan... WITHOUT using  Ctrl? this is another area where I feel like the programmers at SE didnt think things through or ever spen much time modeling.. Like most serious designers, i use a Space Mouse for my navigation and the mouse for 2 dimensional navigation along the current plane.

In Draft the middle button is to pan, while in Model you have to use CTRL + Middlle Button to pan, which is just plan ::bites tongue::. If anything, it should be Middle Button to pan and Ctrl+middle button to rotate. 

DISCLAIMER: I am relatively new to SE so look past my ignorance am trying really hard to like it, but its just the simple things that have been looked over that make designing more difficult and less efficient than it needs to be.

5 REPLIES

Re: Changing "pan" settings

Having the middle button pan consistent in draft and model modes wouldn't be a bad thing. It screws me up sometimes.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Don't think you will find this as a SE option but maybe in your Mouse Driver settings.

But want to pint out that the 3D Connexion devices can be set to 2D mode and work great that way.  so when in sketch mode or drafting toggling to 2D is great!

the old Astroid devices actuall had a seperate pad that was a 2D slide only...

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

I realize that, but im mot looking for a work-around... I use a gaming mouse and have one of the side buttons programmed to be Ctrl, but sometimes my thumb will lag and it will rotate slightly... im looking for a solution that will make SE controls the same as EVERY OTHER SOFTWARE on the market.

This is not the info you were looking for by may help. When you do rotate the sketch view a bit, Contol-H gets you back to the "normal" view,

Hi~

This part is a part of a lot of sympathy.

I'm also used to the basic shortcuts of Solid Edge (pan / Rotate / zoom in, out) ...
Adaptation to features such as pan / rotate in SolidWorks was a lot of sense of heterogeneity.

If you can change the above basic shortcuts ...
Other CAD users will find it easy to adapt ...