Changing the default sheet size in draft when inserting a new drawing sheet...

Innovator
Innovator

When I go to the tabs at the bottom of the page in Drafting and "Insert" a new drawing sheet, the size is defaulted to D-wide. 

How can I change this setting to A size, so I don't have to go to sheet set up and change it?

Thanks!

Steve
Tweeting @lussierinbox

Even the Longest journey starts
with a small step! Smiley Wink
7 REPLIES

Re: Changing the default sheet size in draft when inserting a new drawing sheet...

Phenom
Phenom

In the Sheet Setup dialog, set the size to A and click the Save Defaults button at the bottom of the dialog. This should do the trick.

2015_09_16_01.png 

~Tushar Suradkar

www.CADVertex.com

Re: Changing the default sheet size in draft when inserting a new drawing sheet...

Innovator
Innovator

Thanks

Now I see it!!

Spoiler

Steve
Tweeting @lussierinbox

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Just a little further to @Tushar's spot on answer.....you'll need do this in your template[s] if you want it to be perpetual.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

@SeanCresswell I found that spot on answer after a full Horizontal + Vertical scan of the Solid Edge Options dialog.  Smiley LOL

@schonbek Those lovely tweets, but none since two years, except the wonderful SEU13 video.

~Tushar

Innovator
Innovator

Thanks for the Complement, I liked sharing but we are now discouraged from tweating. 

Here is a fixture we recently built.  This is the concept drawing developed in SE for approval.

I don't consider it to be massive in size but SE was getting pretty slow.  I'm not sure if it SE7 or the textures and reflections that slow it down. 

Plus one very frustration issue I have is SE lossing the location of my textures.  The part path is correct in the description but I have to reselect the File.  This is very annoying and I waste alot of time fixing this. 

Capture2.JPG

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Tweeting @lussierinbox

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

WOW, that is cool Steve!.....and, you've drawn a very impressive dangly thing.  Robot Embarassed Robot LOL

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Innovator
Innovator

Here is a slightly smaller version in real life.....

It's Sparkly.

DSC_0120.JPG

Steve
Tweeting @lussierinbox