Solved! Go to solution

Check version and service pack

Is there a way to check what service (maintenance) pack you are using?  I clicked Solid Edge Options while nothing was opened and didn't see anything. I also tried with a part and drawing open and saw more options, but nothing saying something along the lines of "Version" or "About" or anything like most other softwares to check the version/SP.

Thanks,

Greg

20 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Greg2
‎04-21-2016 04:12 PM

Re: Check version and service pack

[ Edited ]

Hi there @Greg2,

Top right of the Solid Edge screen, should be a small purple book with a "?" on it....if it's not actice, then the "Learn Solid Edge" pane is being shown...open that, both access this point, and click the link for "About Solid Edge". The row of numbers at the top will giver SE-version & MP-version.

In my case the numbers read... "108.00.06.004" = ST8 & MP6.

This video might help....

(view in My Videos)

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

A small tip from the Solid Edge User Group on Facebook:

Ctrl+Alt+Middle Double click also brings up a Probe Info dialog, but I think the interpretation that @SeanCresswell gave is still required.

~Tushar

Thanks adding my comment Tushar,

We use Sean Creswells way for seeing what licences are in use as we have floating licences for premium and Pipe routing.  When your drafting there is no simulation TABs so this is a good way to see who has what licences.

Chris. 

ST8 MP11 / ST9 MP02

@Tushar, I don't understand your method, didn't know about @SeanCresswell's method, and personally have always used Control Panel, Programs and Features and looked at Solid Edge there which shows the relevant info on the right.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

@bshand

The method I posted was originally suggested by @ChrisMorgan on the Solid Edge User Facebook group.

My own method will look like:

Imports SEInstallDataLib

Module Module1

Sub Main()
		Dim oSeInstallData As New SEInstallDataLib.SEInstallData

Debug.Print(oSeInstallData.GetVersion)
		Debug.Print(oSeInstallData.GetServicePackVersion)
	End Sub

End Module

~Tushar

You can also run "SESysInfo.exe" in the Solid Edge program folder which will give you the version stamp as well as helpful info about the hardware and drivers you are running.

(c:\Program Files\Solid edge st8\program\sesysinfo.exe)

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

@Grundey

Thats what CTRL,ALT and Double 3rd mouse button runs. Or the Probe as its known.
ST8 MP11 / ST9 MP02

@ChrisMorgan Not exactly.  Probe is only concerned with graphic information and thus that is all it shows. SESysInfo shows your system information along with the graphic information so you also get you SE Version, username, pc name, CPU, OS version, memory info, and running add-ins. 

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

@Grundey

Ok, not quite but its pretty goddam close, exactly the same layout, just with a few more bits i dont understand on the sys info 1250 words vs 1100 words on what im working on. 

Id rather save time and run a probe as it takes 1 second to run from all environements except draft for some reason. 

ST8 MP11 / ST9 MP02