Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circle pattern alignment

Goodmorning everyone,

I'm trying to draw a circular pattern of a hexagon, but I would like to get the same alignment for those hole, because the punching machine has not a rotable turret.

I tried several time to fix the alignment but I was not able to do.... I'm wondering if someone could explain me how to do that?

Picture attached for explanation...TIA for the answers!

4 REPLIES

Re: Circle pattern alignment

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Davide_Parolin,

Maybe you could use a rectangular fill pattern, and make use of the "suppress region" function, to crop the pattern back to a circular cluster more to your needs.

EDIT: scratch that - I see you actually want them arranged into circular pattern, as rings, not as a fill. Good catch @JasonTitcomb.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The Pattern Along Curve command might be worth looking at also.

Draw a circle and use it as the path. Then select the Simple option on the alignment step.

The orientation will stay the same as the original.

But you may have to do one ring at a time.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

@JasonTitcomb: I'll tried during my several attempt, but even if the alignement was right, all the resulting feature was moved to the origin of the first hole.

simple mode activatedpunch2.jpg

with the follow curve activated the drawing is right, but the orientation is wrong

punch3.jpg

PS: I made each hole as a single feature, then I apply the patern

@JasonTitcomb I found the solution!!!

After writing my reply, I tried to move the reference point where my feature was placed....and it works !!

Thanks for the suggestion!

punch4.jpg