Circular Dependency in Assembly

I have a couple of existing parts in an assembly that I have made some modifications to.  Now when trying to constrain any parts in the assembly, I keep getting a message that states "This constraint would create a circular dependency and is not allowed"  

Is there a way to find what this circular dependency is so I can eliminate it?

Thanks

7 REPLIES

Re: Circular Dependency in Assembly

I would look at Inter-Part Manager.  Sounds like there might be peer relationships between the parts.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

OK, where is Inter-Part manager located.  I am still fairly new to this software, so trying to lean all the nuances.  

Anyway, I was able to solve the problem by a little trial and error.  I started deleting constraints until I could find one that caused the problem.  Once that constraint was deleted, then recreated the same, I had no more assembly problems.

Thanks for the help.

Type it into the Command Finder located at the bottom right of your screen.  This is usefull for finding any command, even if you only know the name of an equivalent command from another CAD system like SolidWorks.

Thanks,
Ken

You will typically see this message if there is an interdependecy created within the assembly. Do you have any sketches in the assembly that are including or referencing elements between each other?

Also, which version of Solid Edge are you running? We did some work in ST3 to address loop conditions.

If it still does not cleay up, you can call in an IR so GTAC or Development can investigate.
---
Aditya Gurushankar
Manager, Solid Edge Planning

Aditya is the right man to answer this.  He IS Mr. Assembly Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Ken

There should of been no sketched or other dependency from the assembly.  

I think there must of been some error with the assembly constraint, because as sooon as I removed one of them (of course last one I tried) then everything was fine.  I was even able to redo the offending constraint with no more issues....

We are using ST3.

Thanks everyone for your help.  

Glad you were able to get past the issue. Do call in an IR if you see this condition.

---
Aditya Gurushankar
Manager, Solid Edge Planning