Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicked on Smart Dimension to the Line Turns Yellow then Blue no Edit Box

N/A

The issue I am having with driving dimensions control (or drive) the elements on which they are placed. Driving dimensions are red. Driven dimensions are blue.
While following the drawing in the Introduction to Modeling Parts with Ordered Features, at the step to select the Smart Dimension. I’ll select the line with the dimension goes to yellow, click line goes blue no dimension edit box.
So I tried another Part Modeling test drive, I went to the step Start the Rectangle command and the step with the 3 point rectangle, finished the rectangle the dimensions as soon as I clicked the the driving dimensions came on. Just curious tried the Smart Dimension went to yellow line to blue line.
All of this is done after I deleted Student Edition, the previous edition did the same thing, I don’t know what I did I cannot find.
I sent the issue on the forum no luck.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Crousie

3 REPLIES

Re: Clicked on Smart Dimension to the Line Turns Yellow then Blue no Edit Box

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
Might be useful if you could make a screen capture movie using Jing ...seems to be a theme going on here, but it'd be nice to see it, and have an AH HA! moment.
Also....can you list your computer specs .
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP7] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

N/A
Sean,
I hope this information will help you with this dilemma http://www.screencast.com/t/LPJ2g1INkkbs.

Thanks
Crousie

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
The reason your dimensions are blue in the ordered file is because the driving lock is off when you placed them. After starting the dimension command, click the lock on the command bar so the lock is "locked" before placing the dimensions. Alternatively you can click on existing dimensions and do the same...
Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Ken

Production: ST10 MP6
Testing: SE 2019