Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Close bends

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

This shouldn't matter if Synch or Ordered.  Using the Close Corner command with the Close command and a bend radius of greater than the material thickness will yield bend lines inside the notch as shown below...closecorner.png

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP5, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

PLM World Member Genius PLM World Member Genius
PLM World Member Genius

Ken is correct. And in ordered mode you can form more than one flange at a time using the "Contour Flange" command, with closed corner option. You just need to draw the line of the flange on the top surface of your 4" plate, or the bottom (O.D./I.D.) and use the "chain" option to create the four flanges.

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Budde Sheet Metal Works, Inc.
Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1
TC10.1.5 32 GB RAM, nVIDIA Quadro K4200

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Dear 12Gauge,

Is this what you want?

(view in My Videos)

Cheers

Mark

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Thank you all. I'm not sure why, but I'm able to get things working now that were not before. Guess six months of using the software does thoes things. 70K hours of AutoCAD and 2K hours of Solid works and 7K hours of Imageware creates some unlearning to do. 

The close command on closed was what I needed.

Now the problem seam

PLM World Member Genius PLM World Member Genius
PLM World Member Genius

Here is an "ordered" model driven from the variable table. I have filtered out all but User variables. You could use this as a template to create new ones, all in ordered mode. Very quick to update and edit with no commands required; other than changing material thickness/bend radius.

HTH,

Ryan

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Budde Sheet Metal Works, Inc.
Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1
TC10.1.5 32 GB RAM, nVIDIA Quadro K4200