Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color library wrong diplayed

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi everybody, 

I've a problem on the new solidedge2019 about the colors. 

I want to define colors in my assemblies because when we finish a project we color it and send it to our customer to make it validated.

So in my template, I saved colors. For the RAL ( steel paint ), i've found a solution because we can use RGB but for the wood I need to link a texture even for some specific paints. 

After done it, there is a display problem I think that is because our linked pictures are on a network ( yes, I need color to be common on each computer of my company .. spain, turkish, China ..).

Find attached a screenshot of my problem, ( on it, i've done the RAL with pictures I downloaded on their website)

thank you in advance if you've already seen and resolve that problem Smiley Happy 

Vincent.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Color library wrong diplayed

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Hi @mc-laren 

I found that an er exists for this issue unless it has been solved already or a workaround exists:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/Save-Textures-in-Solid-Edge-file-ER...

Tushar

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @Tushar ,

Thank you for your answer. So no solution for the moment ... Smiley Sad

Could you create an ER about that, because it's clearly a wasted time for us. Each time we need to apply a texture in an assembly we have to do "view/faceOverrides/Texture → then go to find it on our network ( I estimated 2hours of development lost per week).

Thank you  very much,

Vincent

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Hi Vincent,

Either you or your reseller has to file an ER.

Regards,

Tushar