Color of PMI

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am sure this is an easy question. How do I change the color of PMI text or dimensions? The blue of the text does not show up very well against our background.

Regards

Peter

5 REPLIES

Re: Color of PMI

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Not 100% certain, but on the Colors page in Solid Edge Options, try experimenting with the Sketch or Handle colors.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Greybarn,

This from the help file....

Setting global PMI color

PMI dimension color is an at-a-glance indicator as to whether a dimension is locked or unlocked. You can change the global color setting for PMI dimensions. This also changes the color of PMI annotations.

You can change global PMI color settings on the Colors page of the Solid Edge Options dialog box.

• The default color of unlocked PMI dimensions is blue. It is the same as that set for all sketch elements. You can choose another color for them from the Sketch list.
  • The default color of locked PMI dimensions is red. It is the same as that set for handle elements. You can choose another color for them from the Handle list.

You cannot change the color of individual PMI elements.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It is the Sketch color that controls the color of PMI (under Color Scheme). I had thought it was the Sketch Relationship Colors.

Thanks.

Regards

Peter

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

"Sketch" color controls unlocked PMI dims, "Handle1" controls locked dims, "Driven" controls - wait for it - driven dims.

A strange setup if you ask me. Driven is the only one that makes sense.

Not sure what Handle2 and 3 are for.

Edit: Handle2 and 3 are for move handles for things like dim leaders and text location. Handle1 is for locked dims and the dim attachment points. It's just odd to me that locked dim and handle points are combined. Why not call locked dim colors something like "Driving".

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Excellent. That helps too!

Regards

Peter