Colour on a PART !

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi   Edges,

I have list of custom colour that I can get selected from the drop down menu. I have a selected one colour for a PART .... there are many parts in my assembly .... now i want to know what colour i have selected .. But i am not sure which one ... while they are numbered in name.

I am not colour BLIND ..... Smiley Very Happy    Robot wink

MfG -
Viv
7 REPLIES

Re: Colour on a PART !

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Open the part with the correct color and in the Styles menu, use the "styles in use" drop down for the faces style to get the color you are using.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Phenom
Phenom

The EyeDropper tool from @JasonTitcomb is perhaps the tool you need for this purpose.

I have written an article with video on using the tool sometime back.

~Tushar

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The problem is I do not know what color it is ....  We have aproximately 95 custom color saved for eg: TR_031 etc,.  The User has already given a part color which I want to figure it out ..  I do not know why its so complicated !!!  a simple function ...

MfG -
Viv

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

No not again with extra tool(just kidding) ....  Y dont solid edge have these by default ??

MfG -
Viv

Phenom
Phenom

Solid Edge has this by default.

Parts in assembly are never assigned colors directly but those are FaceStyles which use the color internally as a property.

When you pick a part in an assembly, take the View tab on the ribbon bar, then the Style group and see the Face Override drop-down list. It will display the style(color) for the part.

You can create a style with the same name as the custom color to see the color name directly.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

It seems this will be solved in ST10! I hope this will support real RGB color codes! Smiley Sad)

"I'd like a dropper to copy colors from one part to another, like using the same green for all ground wires. SE: We are working on it, it will be called Inspect Color."

source: link

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Tushar  Ur  right,.. I want to find what color is given in the PART not in asm.  I do not want to assigine a new color or style .. 

MfG -
Viv