Columns in Design Manager ST9

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

For some reason when I choose to display Material & Sheet Metal Gage in Design Manager they do not show any information.  I also chose Material Thickness and that is showing info.  Why don't Material and Gage columns show anything even though they are properly filled out?design manager.JPGmaterial.JPGgage.JPG

10 REPLIES

Re: Columns in Design Manager ST9

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You'll probably have to ask Siemens why those properties don't display. But IMO Design Manager is mainly for orderly copying, moving, renaming of files while maintaining links, and pretty much not as a place to manage anything else. There are a boatload of property columns available in DM but I have no idea why. Especially if some don't even display. A better tool is Property Manager either from within the Solid Edge app or you can bring it up from DM in the application button to work on individual files rather than, say, a whole assembly tree.

Just my $.02

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

I think I have an ER asking them to add gage to the occurrence properties. This would create a place where multiple gages within an assembly could be edited at one time.

Right now there is no way to re-gage (or edit the gage choice) for more than one sheet at a time.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@12GAGE   I'm thinking you meant "property manager" not "occurence properties"? The only problem I can see with editing gage en masse is that the model(s) would then need a dimensional update. Anyway, "sheet metal gage" is in Prop Man but it's not a drop down list, which I would think would be needed. Same with "material".

Oh yeah, and they need to be editable. Now they're not.

Edit: Actually "material" does have a drop down in Prop Man.

Bruce Shand

Phenom
Phenom

Nope, I meant occurence properties. Then there would be a way to edit all the gages for an assembly from one location.

And yes, the dimensional update is the whole Idea. I go one step further. I set up the files to change overall size and the gage. Both automatically update the drafting.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It would be property manager not occurence properties.

Bruce Shand

Phenom
Phenom

When I was talking w/ GTAC there is no way to get at the material gage from property manager of an assembly. But if they added gage to Occurence properties, then one would be able to edit the gage of all the sheet metal in one assembly from a single view.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I guess that was kind of my point.  If they are there, then they should be working.  Looks like an ER is needed.  I also thought having the comment field would be quite handy, because if you are working on an ECR you could enter a short summary of the change you are making to the part or at least enter the ECR #.  That portion is actually available.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@12GAGE  Why are you stuck on occurence properties? If it was enabled in property manager it would work there. And property manager would be the proper tool, not occurence properties which, like design manager, serves an entirely different purpose.

Bruce Shand

Phenom
Phenom

My goal is to be able to edit the gage of 20 pieces of sheet metal with a single choice. I don't care how.