Compare Flat pattern V19 and ST8

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello everyone, ... And good return from holiday to those who benefited Smiley Happy

I go straight to the point, I happened to open with ST8, an old psm files (perhaps made with a V19 or V20), by comparing the flatten of this sheet with the same completely made ST8 I noticed a difference in the dimension ( see images) Has anyone noticed the same behavior ???

11 REPLIES

Betreff: Compare Flat pattern V19 and ST8

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

no, not as recognized it that way.

But, what bending formular was used?

Is it the same for both installations?

Or have You used some PZL dlls which are not registered for the current version?

Same bend formular should result in the same flat pattern size

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Compare Flat pattern V19 and ST8

Genius
Genius

Could you take a look at the Gage Properties inside the Solid Edge Material Table for both parts?

If you don't switch the material it will not change or automaticly update. Someone could have changed your material.mtl between those two version (It has been a long time).

Betreff: Compare Flat pattern V19 and ST8

Pioneer
Pioneer

In solid edge ST8 i have defoult setting(standard formula in the bend equation of the gage properties menu), i dont recognize what type of formula is been used in V19

Pioneer
Pioneer

Between the two file i have the same option:

Material

Material thickness

Bend radius

Neutral factor

I made equal also the tollerance of the measures unit (to have the same tollerances)

I do not know what to think

Phenom
Phenom
Can you upload both file to have a look ?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yes, thanks for your help

Alex

Phenom
Phenom

AlexLelli wrote:

Alex

There is something strange in the V19 version, in fact changing the neutral factor the flat pattern doesn't update. I did try to recreate the flat pattern but still is not affected by the standard formula.

Phenom
Phenom

Fiorini wrote:

AlexLelli wrote:

Alex

There is something strange in the V19 version, in fact changing the neutral factor the flat pattern doesn't update. I did try to recreate the flat pattern but still is not affected by the standard formula.

Ok, Found it.

The V19 feature have a fixed neutral factor of 0,010 set in it's options.

Restore this will make both file equals

Pioneer
Pioneer

How should I do to restore the neutral factor if I try to change the value the pattern does not update???

Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad