Configurators

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I'm looking for configurator that can be used W/ SE

Can any here give software names, experience, and price of varius configurators that work w/ solid edge.

Limits: Single seat of SE, Would like to keep the cost under $5K, Over 8K will never happen.

The goal is to automate file naming from spreadsheets. Secondairy would be design control peramiters from spreadsheets.

4 REPLIES

Re: Configurators

You may also inquire on the developers SE forum. 

You might even find someone there willing to write you a custom app.

Not advised if there is an OOTB solution...  but if your need is smaller in scope than a full blown configurator maybe a custom app could be cheaper and could be customized to meet your specfic needs.

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

All I want is two things:

1. The ability to drive draft annotation and file names from a spreadsheet. I need string math to get things done, no string math in SE.

2. The ability to drive SE from a table, and in turn Display that table in draft w/ updating varibles placed cell by cell.

I have been attempting to get those things done w/ SE by it's self, but it falls short. Also, I have yet to be able to give live links working to get the folowing done.

A Use excel as input table

Use input table to drive file names and Design peramiters

Display varbles in a table cell by cell within draft

Here are the stopping point.

1. No tables inside SE that can have variables cell by cell.

2. Cant establish links to and from  excel/SE that live update both ways

3. No string math inside SE, must use excel for that.

4. No way to isolate a few variables and display them as an input table (Menu or model)

5. Can't have live updates from SE to an excel table in draft.

Phenom
Phenom

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/solid-edge/applications/design-management-conf...

There's a couple here you could try on the Solid Edge 'Apps' page, though I've no experience of using them.

Phenom
Phenom

Like Matt has suggested, for your custom requirements, a custom application is the best solution.

I have programmed most of your requirements in different scenarios in past projects.

Write to me at Tushar.Suradkar@Yahoo.Com and I can help you out with setting up the Excel exactly the way you like using macros.

~Tushar