I have an assembly with lots of complex sheet metal parts, some flanges based on "copy from part" surfaces of other parts. I have some conflicting relationships I am trying to resolve, but every time I edit a part and either break links or fix the conflicts, it takes literally 30 minutes or more to return control of the model back to me. Opening the assembly, or anything else that causes all the relationships to be evaluated causes this crazy update time as well.
"Conflicting Relationships" or aka "Multiple Solutions" will do a good number in rebuild times. Have you looked through "Inter-Part Manager" to find the counterclock wise red arrow?
Those are the culprits. The only way to fix the rebuild time is to fix all the issues. This would be the same for just about all the SE releases...
At a previous employer they had a lot of trouble with people not knowing how to use links correctly. They also didn't know how to correct it and left all the assemblies that way. The worst part is thes assembies were 500+ parts!
I know how to use the Interpart Manager. I was hoping there was some trick to make it ignore all the conflicts, or a way to suppress them until I can fix them. The problem is that it takes 30 minutes or so to return from edit part mode back to the main assembly each time I open a part and break all the links.
It also dosen't show broken varible's in your varible table. Sometimes i watch for the part it hangs on and the open it up after to correct the problem.
Would this be one of those rare occurances where having everything inactivated, and activate what you want to work on one by one?
Have you tried the AsmRelDoctor found in the C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST8\Custom\AsmRelDoctor folder?
"Have you tried the AsmRelDoctor found in the C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST8\Custom\AsmRelDoctor folder?"
Very cool information! That's what I love about this group, you can always learn something new.
I don't know how often I'll use this, but want to try it and see if I can learn anything. I've added it to my ribbon bar!
I had the same problem, just wanted to move some sub assembly with synchronous and it took forever. And then the conflicting relationship window pops up. But the Relationship doctor found no relationship problems. I suspected that the mirrors were the problem. So I deleted all the mirrors in the assembly, and voila, now its fast and no conflicting relationship. From experience mirrors seem to eventually cause problems in SE, so it's best to make them when you're done with the design.