Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect sketch lines to assembly part

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I love this solid edge ST9 program.  I am still learning and there is a lot to learn. I'll thank all those that have helped me in the past and in the future for this one.  

I have an item that I am having great difficulty on, connecting a sketch line to a plane.  

There red is this plane that has this dims on it, going in clockwise direction, making a five sided design,

4.97 from left to right, 14.50 from top to bottom, 12.97 from right to left, 2 inches at 150 degrees from right to left and then 15.18 inches from bottom to top at close to 30 degrees, then finish off by connecting to the rest of the lines or sketch.  

This is just one of the sides of the profile.  The opther side is the same and there is a 12 x14.50 square that connects the two profiles.  Now for the fun part.  Each price is 0.074 thick.  

The difficult part that I am having is the point where the 4.97 and the 150 degree angles are at.  How to connect those points by using the edit profile and connect command there.  Every time I try to connect those "sketch" lines to the lower side of the profusion edge, it goes askew and either lengthens the line ot throws a weird inverted angle or if there is a middle line, it teeter totters.  

Frustrating.  

Anyway. I will throw more information and attach some pics as well. 

Thank you you for your interest in this matter. 

21 REPLIES

Betreff: Connect sketch lines to assembly part

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Lex-luthor

is it possible to upload this part or at least to show a picture from that sketch situation?

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Connect sketch lines to assembly part

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

we really need to see your model.   but it sounds as though you have underconstrained elements.. thus your final connection is modifing geometry...

Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
SE2019 Pre-Production Testing
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Here is some of the pics and the problem that I have on it:

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Here is where the problem lies:

When I try to join or connect the blue lines to the top of the facing concident plane, it changes the geometry and the vlaues also change.

Gears Phenom

I see no relationships nor dimensions..  your geometry is not constrained...  so when placing the last element SE is just trying to move teh parts to make it fit.

You need to constrain your sketch.

Matt Johnson
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Gears Phenom

it looks to me that you might want to consider include (project sketch) for this part.   if you want it to fit to the exsting geometry... ?

Matt Johnson
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

there are no dims because of the variable tables or peer variable tables

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

also, Thank you Matt for replying.  I am using the project to sketch and the connect command under sketch.