Connecting Splines

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I have recently made an airfoil using splines, and tangent curves. I have turned the tangent curves into splines, and now I would like to turn all connected splines into a single entity/spline.

Does anyone know if that is possible?

I am trying to judge the curvature using the curvature comb and need the whole outline to be a single spline in order to be able to read the curvature properly.

Many Thanks,

Boris

5 REPLIES

Re: Connecting Splines

Genius
Genius

Hi @Dominis

did you try to use Curve - Close Curve function ?

Untitled.png

Production: SE ST9 MP11
;

Phenom
Phenom

Based on your description, the 'Derived Curve' command appears to be best suited for the purpose.

DerivedCurve01.png

~Tushar

Experimenter
Experimenter

The close curve option won't work, I'm not trying to close a curve, i'm trying to join existing curves together.

As far as the Derived curves goes, It will not let me turn the outcome entity into a spline, so I am not able to make a curvature comb to examine the curvature.

Thanks for trying though guys!

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hello @Dominis,

No, there is currently no such functionality in Solid Edge to do what you seek.....you can of course use relationships to connect & make tangent, etc,....but nothing that "converts" multiple entities [Lines, Arcs, Curves] into a "single" entity.

In my mind, your only course of action, would be to [assuming you're in a s"ketch" of a 3D model]  create a new sketch, and trace over your other geometry to make a new "single" curve to capture all you need.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter

Ok, thanks very much Sean, I appreciate the help!

Boris