Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Flange Corner Gap

Is it possible in "Ordered" mode to have different gap values for contour flange corners. I can change the gap value but it makes all corner gaps the same. I see there is a way to do it in Synchronous mode, but I was curious if there was a way in ordered mode.

contour_flange_corner_gap.jpg

David McMahon
Solid Edge 2019
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10
5 REPLIES

Re: Contour Flange Corner Gap

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Yes you can. In the contour flange command, select the options icon, switch from General to Miters and Corners, and then turn on close corner.

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend
FYI, I didn't see the gap option in ST9, so it looks like this option was added in ST10.

@jinglis

Thanks for the recommendation. I still can't figure out how I can have lets say a .03" gap for some corners and .06" for others. I can do it in Synchronous but can't figure out how to in Ordered.

David McMahon
Solid Edge 2019
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

The answer about what you should do sort of comes down to a choice, and an understanding of what is currently supported.  As mentioned above, some of what you are seeing is new functionality, which is being implemented incrementally; meaning: we are still working on improving it and have plans in place.

You essentially have 2 options:

• Create the gaps within Contour Flange:  this will support multi-level gap control, but requires all gaps have the same value.
  • Create the contour flange without gaps; then create the gaps by applying 2-bend or 3-bend Close Corner to individual corners.  This will allow you to control each gap value individually, but we unfortunately do not yet support multi-level gap control on stand-alone Close Corners.  I have attached an image showing a 2-bend Close Corner applied to your model, for reference.

We intend to improve in this area in the near future.  I'd like to see us allow multi-level in stand-alone Close Corner, allow modification of individual gap values in Contour Flange, or both.  I can't promise anything as far as specifics or timeline, but I can tell you we are planning those projects and intend to implement something that addresses this.

I hope this answers your question.  Let us know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

@Matt_Wright

Thanks for the detailed explantation and update on work in progress.

David McMahon
Solid Edge 2019
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10