Convert imported assembly to Synchronous Mode.

Phenom
Phenom

Recently, I opened a legacy UG/NX assembly in Solid Edge ST6. I was playing with part and face priority to see if I could do some "stretching and pulling" of component parts. I wanted to use this process to see how quickly I could make change a design and to demostrate that you can use 2D change methods on 3D parts.

I noticed that all my "imported" SE parts are all in Ordered mode. Is there a setting or a quick way to convert the import parts directly to/ into Synchronous Mode?

I am hoping that I should be able to make the changes I need with all these files in Synch mode and using face priority.

7 REPLIES

Ryan,   This should be driven by the default opening envi...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ryan,

This should be driven by the default opening environment you have selected in Solid Edge Options. [in Helpers.....choose Synchronous or Ordered accordingly]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Re: Ryan,   This should be driven by the default opening envi...

Phenom
Phenom

Sean-
Thanks for the quick reply. I looked thru SE Options but didn't think to look in "helpers" section. I was looking in the General, Save, File Locations, User Profile, Inter-Part and Manage sections. My past experience with NX Preferences would have placed this setting in one of those categories. Thank you for pointing the way.

That appears to take care off opening the assembly the first time. I'll have to find my original UG/NX assembly and open it again.

Cheers,
Ryan McVay

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ryan,

All good....further, you could also right mouse click on the body feature, then choose "Move To Synchronous" for existing ordered imported models.

SE_ST6_MoveToSynchronous.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom
Yes, I knew about the option to move to Syn from Ordered. The assembly is well over 200+ unique components. That is a lot of clicking to convert. I'll reopen this one from the source files again. If I can get it to work they way I want, this could be a good sales tools...working on 3D like it's 2D data.
Once again, thank you for the help.

RyanM,   What was said by Sean is useful set up. If you a...

Phenom
Phenom

RyanM,

What was said by Sean is useful set up. If you already imported files in traditional environment then you can use "Convert to synch" command (Under Solid Edge App button) for batch converting from trad files to synch files.

convert.jpg

BR,

Imi

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
See the other thread on this and the post from Imics. There is a "Convert to Synchronous" option on the pulldown menu when you have no documents open. It will let you convert an assembly and will do all the parts in the ASM.
Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Re: RyanM,   What was said by Sean is useful set up. If you a...

Phenom
Phenom
I discovered that opening NX files in SE is way different than other CAD files. SE is thinking it is working in a multi-CAD environment and automatically builds "links" to the source files. You can then manage/sync the data between the two systems (NX and SE).

I had to export my NX assembly as a parasolid and then bring it into SE that way.