Converted STEP model

I've just converted a STEP model in ST7 and I'm unable to appy mates to this part in the assembly environment to position it. Any ideas or has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Many thanks

G

5 REPLIES

Re: Converted STEP model

If you have imported the STEP and saved it as a SE part, you should be able to use it in an assembly and apply mates.

What are the type of relations you are trying to apply. Do you have an image or video of the issue ?

Hi Graham,

Any chance the file has been imported as a bunch of surfaces [construction]....?

In which case you may need to repair it to make a solid, or re-import with different "options" selected.....

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Thanks for the replys Smiley Happy

Sean, I tried again opening in the part environment and not Assy, and changed a few settings and got it to work. In the past STEP models have opened without any issues. I'm going to send the model to my VAR tomorrow to see if they can replicate the same issue.

Thanks again.

G

All good G-man,

Have you also tried the "Beta" STEP Translator?....this sometimes works on troublesome files, and usually the ones I have the most trouble with contain mixed entitie types. New correctly parsed file from the supplier/customer generally solves it.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Sean

I think it was the BETA setting that was giving me the grief Smiley Happy

Sunday evening grief but that's the joy of building Self Propelled crop sprayers and having to fit  new Tier 4 engines Smiley Happy