Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Coordinates 2D photo

Pioneer
Pioneer

Advises me some software, since not which to install.

MLombard
Retired

"Hardpoints" on something like a leg could be freckles, or even just magic marker dots placed on the leg. That should work as well with the 2D image based techniques as with the 3D scan.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Excuse my ignorance , but I'm still an apprentice in the 3D world and always try to realize the best possible . How can I remove these points and then create a " leg " ? Usually a 2D photo , we do not have the actual size ... how do I know actually how big the leg, the breadth and curves with her?

MLombard
Retired

With a photo, you would have to have some sort of reference, like a known measurement, or make a ruler part of the image.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Pakito wrote:

Excuse my ignorance , but I'm still an apprentice in the 3D world and always try to realize the best possible . How can I remove these points and then create a " leg " ? Usually a 2D photo , we do not have the actual size ... how do I know actually how big the leg, the breadth and curves with her?

@Pakito,

What you are attempting to do here is far from what I would class as a beginners level in 3D CAD, as organic 3D design can be very complex.

@Pakito wrote:

...how do I know actually how big the leg, the breadth and curves with her?

As I, and others, have said,...you'd need such a photo to also contain an item to scale from....such as having the person to stand next to a large ruler, that rests on the floor and reaches the knee area....do this in front & side views.....that should enable fairly close "approximation".

I use that word, as it is likely all you can achieve with out having the person model for measurements, or indeed, a laser scanning session.

A very rough 10 second Google search, and one link I saw this.... http://www.photomodeler.com/products/how-it-works.html ...seeing as you already have a laser scanner, this seems like a waste of time though.....as not something you can expect the "client" to do themselves, to send to you.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP5] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Pioneer
Pioneer

I got to try with the measurement as follows:
A piece with 16 cm high at the lowest point, measure the width (lateral and frontal) and created an ellipse. I did the same in the other 3 points. Does this way is feasible if ever approached as intended?
Because the inside of the leg always has the twin that in certain people is wider than in others.
I'm working with plaster casts, but for measures intended to distance then translate these same measures or photo to an object.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I personally have used PhotoModeler and it's not a bad bit of kit...

...but still not as good a 3D scan.

Pioneer
Pioneer

When they send me a picture , what steps have to ask the person to be able to create a 3D object ?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Only an idea from competitor:

link

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/