Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Dimension to Clipboard

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to copy a draft angular dimension to the clipboard with 7 decimal place precision? I specifically mention "angular" because I figured out how to do it for linear dimensions using the 2D measure command (which doesn't seem to have a similar option for angular dimensions).

dimension.jpg

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST10, MP5
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10
3 REPLIES

Re: Copy Dimension to Clipboard

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

It is not clear if you are referring to an angular dimension or the Measure command on the Inspect tab.

Also, since you have figured out how to get the required precision for a linear dimension, it is almost similar for an angular dimension.

To set the angular precision for the placed dimension, change its dimension style:

DimensionStyle.png

To display the dimension value with the required precision when it is clicked, the setting is under the Units tab of Solid Edge Options:

UnitsSetting.png

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Tushar,

Thanks for the response. Yes, I was not clear. My problem with the measure command was that I was not able to figure out a way to copy the measured angle value to the clipboard. Your solution of changing the units was the solution. That allows me to copy the angular dimension on the drawing. I was trying to use the measure command as a workaround.

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST10, MP5
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello David

I forgot to mention but never intend to hide that I too stumbled with the problem of not being able to copy the angular dimension value to clipboard with the required precision using the Measure command on the Inspect tab.

I missed mentioning this in a hurry. The scenario is clearer after you last reply.

So this is more of a workaround; glad that you found it useful.

Tushar