Copy & paste issues in ST9

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am having issues with copy & paste in ST9 MP2.

 

Copy & paste often do not paste last objects selected. This has worked in past very well with ST8 and prior.

 

Also delete function erratic. When I highlight an area in draft file and press delete key, objects do not delete. If I select cut option from clipboard, it will delete selection. Objects selected individually seem to work OK.

 

64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate service pack 1, Dell T7500, 24 gig ram.

 

Gary Dinges | Mechanical Design Engineer II | Probes & New Product Development Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions | Therm-O-Disc, Inc.| 1320 South Main Street | Mansfield | OH | 44907 | USA T +1 419 525 8554 gary.dinges@emerson.com

3 REPLIES

Re: Copy & paste issues in ST9

Legend
Legend

Hi,

 

I asked about similar issue here two days ago. Grundey provided an interesting solution to the problem.

 

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/Copy-pasteing-a-draft-pastes-wrong-...

Re: Copy & paste issues in ST9

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Teemu,

 

Thanks for link to other post.

 

My issue is different. The objects I am copying are in a Solid Edge draft file already, background sheet from a template file. I am copying revised template and pasting it in another Solid Edge file background. There are a couple of blocks in copied item, but these are not issue.

 

Also, this doesn't explain why I can't delete a windowed selection of objects with the delete key, I can delete if I select cut from menu.

 

It may be a computer issue, I checked here 1st, since I just installed ST9 last week.

 

The copy & paste / delete issue did not hapen in ST8.

 

Gary

Re: Copy & paste issues in ST9

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am having issues doing copy/paste in the draft environnement. I had this problem with ST7 in the past. I have ST9 right now and I still experience the same problem. I had to copy/paste a bunch of draft views earlier this morning. After 5 or 6 times, it suddenly stopped working. I even did a complete reboot just to insure a complete system refresh. I came back into the draft I'm working on and tried it again. It didn't work. 

I've tried copy/paste in a new draft for fun. It started working again though the problem came back after a few repetitions. I asked our software distributor for help last year for that very issue and they flooded me with complicated back and forth communication through tickets, requesting files in order to analyse the situation and asking me to do step by step videos, etc. It has lasted several days and never ended to a solution. I'm pretty disappointed/frustrated to see that issue still being around.