Copy-pasteing a draft pastes wrong object

Hello,

I have a customer provided DWG-file of a yard that I opened as a Solid Edge draft. It is a 2D-model sheet. I have to add several of our own products' DFT-files to that draft. I managed to add a few by copy-pasteing, but now when I try to add more, it doesn't paste the correct draft. It just pastes the draft that was the last one I succesfully pasted.

So no matter what draft I copy, whether it is draft B, C or D etc., it always pastes the draft A that I already have on my yard plan. I have had this issue sometimes before, but got it to work by unblocking the draft object I'm trying to copy-paste. Now even that doesn't work anymore. Has anybody else had the same issue? How could I fix this? Computer restart doesn't help.

I'm using ST9 with latest MP and Windows 10.

1 REPLY

Re: Copy-pasteing a draft pastes wrong object

When creating DFT files from converted DWG drawings, SE will auto created blocks. When SE does this, it will auto-name the the blocks. This results in each draft having identical block names with other converted drafts. When you paste from several of these drafts into a common draft, if one of the block names has already been placed and you try to place another from a different draft that has the same name it just reuses the block that has already been placed. To fix you need to uniquely name the blocks in all the source drafts.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10