Copy several assemblies from one folder to another

Hello!

What is the best way of copying the assemblies, that have several interpart links?

Is it OK to just copy them from one folder to another? I have just done a test with one simple assembly. And it workd just fine. I have created an assembly with Syste Library. Then I have copied this assembly to a different folder and made some changes. There were no problem.

But I guess, that preferred way for doing this is using Revision Manager. With RM, all the links should stay for sure and there shouldn't be any problem. But I see there one disadvantage. Let's say, that I have 10 assemblies in one folder, that I want to copy. I have to use RM for each assembly. I can not select all of them and copy them in one step. Or is this possible?

Thanks.

Regards.

11 REPLIES

Re: Copy several assemblies from one folder to another

Hello SVen,

is it possible to use pack and go?

will it problem?

I have to admit, that I am not familiar with 'pack and go'.

Sven,

Pack and go is one of macro function, by this macro you can copy entire assembly into directory file that you select with one click.

you can try it.

"Pack and go", is a tool in SaladWorks....there is currently nothing exactly like is in Solid Edge. Revision manager >>where used, then copy/rename << is the way to go.
Just copying the ".ASM" file in Windows Explorer alone will not work if you want to send that assembly elsewhere, and the components are not all contained in that same folder.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP8] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Where do I get this 'Pack and Go' macro for Solid Edge?

And yes, all the parts are in the same folder as the assembly. So copying the folder would be OK. I would get all the parts of the particular assembly. I am just not sure, if the inter-part relations will be OK, too.

Sincer the Revision Manager is prefered way to do, I suspect, that not everything is so clear&easy with just copying the content of the folder (or copying the folder itself). Or is it?

But with RM, the only problem I see is when I have to copy several assemblies. They don't have any connection between them. This are let's say separate projects, but in the same folder. So using 'where used' for a particular assembly will not help.

I guess that one solution would be creating new assembly and then place all the assemblies from one folder into this new assembly. Then, copying this assembly with RM wil copy all the other assemblies.

I believe, you have to go to costumize find the macro and put it into your quick access bar.

Then run the macro

Destian, you must have downloaded this macro from somewhere as it is NOT delivered with Solid Edge and therefore is NOT available.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10

Grundey,

Yes my apologizy not mentioned it before Smiley Embarassed, i was just show how it's set up. So sorry Smiley Happy

So where did you get it?  I think folks are curious about it.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10